Thursday, November 29, 2012

Our humble abode

Here is a random little post about something I'm sure everyone has been extremely curious about....my room! Jessica & I live in cabin 3775 on Deck 3. When we aren't at port all the water tight doors are locked, obviously, so we can only get to our room from staircase 43 on Deck 4. The tricky part is that #43 is between staircases 41 and 40. So fun. So to get to my room first you have to go to Deck 4 & get on the I-95, which is a long hallway for crew only that stretches from one end of the ship to the other. Somedays it's like a fashion runway but other days its a death trap. On embarkation Sunday teams of Pilipino men are pushing giant carts loaded with passenger luggage up and down the hallway. It's like a terrible real life video game. & Today I found a cart of real Christmas trees on the I-95! It's the little things in life.

Anyways, Jessica has the bottom bunk & a Nemo stuffed animal & we are just perfect for each other. My family is going to laugh when they witness my tiny room for themselves, but it's actually the biggest 2 person crew cabin there is! Everyone is jealous. Seriously.

I hung up little flags I made awhile ago & we bought a purple rug. Jessica & I have been collecting magnets from all the places we've been! Our walls are metal so it's very convenient. (Side note: Jessica is a Kappa Delta, Kaleigh!!) The room is finally starting to feel homey. I've gotten used to moving around all the time and after awhile you learn to make your surroundings feel like home! I think that nesting helps your heart not to hurt as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment