Friday, January 18, 2013

Week Nine.

This wasn't a super crazy week. Mama Stone keeps saying I don't have to do a play by play of every day but I'm this far in and I just have to continue now! I'm not OCD...just enthusiastic about organization & chronologically logging events. Nerd alert.

By the way, the previous week the Hotel Director & Cruise director watched a dress rehearsal and liked the Christmas show so much that they canceled Shout & gave "A Holiday Wish" the two evening main stage time slots! Exciting!

December 16. Sunday.
Every few months the entire crew has to go through US Immigration. Since my last name is at the beginning of the alphabet I had to roll out of bed at 6:45am and report to one of the dining rooms. I proceeded to wait in a crowded line for over an hour until I finally made it to an immigration officer. Not a happy camper. By the way, out of the whole crew I have the cutest passport cover thanks to the Bouchard family. I finally made it through & ate breakfast in my super attractive sweatpants by the pool while talking to my mom. It was one of those "wow, I live on a cruise ship" moments.

Rosie, Martina, & I then made the trek over to Walmart. I bought two little Christmas trees! Usually I am not a Christmas fanatic but this year because we had to make the holiday great for ourselves, I loved getting in the spirit! Rosie's obsession with the holiday also helped. Anyways after shopping we waited for a taxi outside that never came & then the wonderful Kaci came to the rescue again and picked us up! We had todo some more shopping in the French Quarter and then went to lunch at a fabulous restaurant off canal street called The Ruby Slipper. I love shrimp and grits!

Kaci dropped Martina & I off near the port to wait for James & Rosie as they ran one final errand before we boarded the ship. We looked ridiculously comical sitting on a bench by the side of the road with all of our Walmart bags piled high around us. Basically we looked like weird hoarder homeless people.

Between the four of us we managed to get all the packages back to the ship & headed up to tech rehearsal. Everyone was happy to find out that our new cruise director Pedro had canceled Latin night so they didn't have to preform that bumper any longer. Apparently "South Beach Night" doesn't work with this Southern passenger demographic. & I was overjoyed to receive two big boxes full of Christmas goodies for myself and treats for the cast from Mama Stoney!

December 17. Monday.
Sea day. The usual activities occurred: shopping talk, art auction & Band On The Run. Things in the art world changed a little bit though because the auctioneer, Luke, left & a new art auctioneer started. His name is Urgan, he is from Austria, & really likes doing Terminator impressions. So original.

December 18. Tuesday.
Costa maya! James & Rosie finally got off the ship for the first time that month! I was so happy. The first thing James does when he gets to the hotel is order a giant Anthropologie style cup of coffee.

That night the Captain invited the three of us to dinner! We went to the steakhouse on the top floor of the ship, Cagney's. Amazing. I had a food hang-over the next day.

December 19. Wednesday.
Belize. J, R, & I got off for the first time! The water is too shallow for ships to dock there so they have to anchor out in the ocean & then smaller tender boats shuttle people to shore. We wandered around the city for a little while & then ended up at the good old Radisson hotel for lunch & wifi. That night the crew put on a Christmas talent show in the theater. There are no words to describe it. My favorite quote from the evening was when a guy walked out on stage with sheet music and Caleb exclaimed, "he's not even off book?!"

December 20. Thursday.
Roatan. I will never get used to being woken up by blaring sirens signaling that boat drill is to begin. But I guess that's the point. Sophie had to be a pretend casualty passenger. After standing in the heat while wearing life jackets for 45minutes, Sophie, Montana, Jess, & I headed to the freezing theater for an Entertainment department meeting. And thennnn we had to leave that meeting early so we'd make it to a new crew member orientation class. Um, it's been nine weeks. I may have grumbled a bit..

After class, Jess & I layed-out on the top deck to thaw our freezing bodies. Then right before the ship set sail we got in the crew jacuzzi in the bow of the ship. That's my favorite thing to do on Honduras day. It's absolutely gorgeous looking up at the rainforest mountains as we cruise away into the sunset. My life really is a roller coaster of one extreme to another.

That night we went out for sushi with James & Rosie. R and I devised a plan on how to resurrect the two Christmas trees we had been given to use for the show. And so began fixing the situation known as "Tree-Gate 2012." Stay tuned for the full story in my next post. Unfortunately it's not as dramatic as Flood-Gate, but it's still ridiculous.

December 21. Friday.
Cozumel. In perpetration for my family being on board the next week I didn't get off the ship and worked all day. I got so much work done so that I could spend as much time with my fam-jam as possible & wouldn't have to worry about anything. Then I blogged on the upper deck & went running.

When Rosie returned to the ship I helped her set up the trees on stage before the tech rehearsal. The trees looked great but needed a little extra touch so I snuck around the ship and "borrowed" two big poinsettia plants. It's all for the art, people! The Southern Living goddesses would have been proud of my final product. & Both shows went great that night!

December 22. Saturday.
Sea day. Art auction & Elements. Can you say Groundhog Day? So I let my girls do my make up really silly. Every color of the rainbow was on my face and I looked like a beautiful fairy princess. Obviously.



































No comments:

Post a Comment