Friday, March 8, 2013

Week Sixteen.

February 3. Sunday.
New Orleans was a very exciting place that day since it was Super Bowl Sunday! The streets were packed with people and the air was full of energy. Sophie and I pretty much skipped the entire way to the French Quarter. We shopped and wandered around just enjoying and observing the festivities.

Back on board we went to passenger drill, the sail away party, & rehearsal for the welcome aboard show. I grabbed dinner with James and Rosie & shows went great that night. After I made a few final phone calls home, I collapsed into bed smiling after a fun and busy day!

February 4. Monday.
I worked at the shopping talk that morning with Jess and spent the rest of the day working away in the dressing room.

Sophie was diagnosed with strep throat and was quarantined in the medical center. So the cast had to re-block the show since she was unable to preform. Once again, our cast prevailed and the show went on! Band on the Run ended up going really well and almost everyone went straight to bed afterwards.

February 5. Tuesday.
Costa maya! We ate a yummy lunch on the beach and enjoyed the sun all day! Rosie and I sat in the shallow water and played in the sand like little kids. She is my sister and I love her so much! I can't imagine my next ship without her and James.

February 6. Wednesday.
Belize. The dancers had rehearsal all day for a new dance show. Later that evening after Shout tech rehearsal Jess, Rachard, Cameron, and I did a work out together on the back deck. It was so hard! Then I showered quickly and ran backstage for Shout. Jess came to the dressing room to help Sophie, Montana, & I with the new dance costumes. The girls were so helpful and we got almost everything done. I loved getting to design the new costumes. It was especially fun because due to my limited budget and supplies, I had to be very creative and resourceful.

February 7. Thursday.
After boat drill the dancer girls and I had to go to a two hour long "Vacation Hero" class. Thrilling. Then I worked on some finishing touches for the dance costumes and we had rehearsal. Montana and I went to sushi for dinner and the swung by the White Hot party. Busy day!

February 8. Friday.
We had a dress rehearsal that morning. It went well and is always fun to see my costumes under the lights looking fabulous! After tech, Cameron convinced me to get off the ship and go to No Name with them. It was a gorgeous day and the ocean was practically clear.

Refreshed and rejuvenated, we got back on board and everyone started getting ready for that nights show. Jess & I had so much fun getting ready together. She did my make-up and curled my hair. It was so big I looked like I was a beauty queen from Texas! The show didn't exactly go well that night. There were a lot of tech mistakes with the lighting and sound but the dancers did amazing!

February 9. Saturday.
After tech rehearsal that morning a group of us went to sushi for lunch. Then we all took naps before it was time to get ready for Elements. Another week down. Only eleven more to go.




























No comments:

Post a Comment