Thursday, March 7, 2013

Week Fourteen.

The final new male dancer, Cameron, arrived!! We were all so happy for our new cast to finally be completed.

January 20. Sunday.
James, Rosie, & I went to a really cool dine-in movie theater and saw Le Mis! (If you have to ask what that is, you don't understand.) The seats were all giant recliners and the food was amazing. More importantly, the movie literally rocked my world. I died. I can't even adequately describe how beautiful and powerful the film was. Le Mis is one of the best musicals ever.

Getting back on board was a little depressing because all I wanted to do was frolic through the streets singing "Can you hear the people sing". I did have something to look forward to though. During the Welcome Aboard show Caleb, the other male singer, is dressed like a construction worker during the opening number. So as a little joke I bedazzled his hammer and white t-shirt. It was hilarious. He wore a normal t-shirt onstage but the cast got a big laugh out of it before hand.

The shows all went well that night & afterwards I made a few final phone calls outside in the deck. Then I cuddled up in bed with the new season of Downton Abby!

January 21. Monday.
Quote of the day:
"I've been born again twice. The day I became a Christian and the day I became a Texas A&M fan!" -A passionate football fan passenger from Texas.

That morning I worked the shopping talk & art auction. Then spent the rest of the afternoon working in the dressing room until show time. Band on the Run was very eventful that evening. Jason hurt his back during Elements and was unable to preform that night. So they had to re-block the show before tech rehearsal.

Then before the first show even began catastrophe struck. Half the cast begins the opening number up on lifts. When places was called, as the lift was rising Vinnie, a male dancer, got his fingers stuck in it. I was still in the dressing room and heard my name being screamed in pain. That's one of the worst feelings. I flew out the door and intercepted Vinnie right as he started to pass out. I sat him down and stuck his fingers in cups of cold water before I ran to tell a tech guy to get ice. Our production manager took him to medical and luckily none of his fingers were broken, just badly scraped. He was able to come back and dance in the second show.

Of course the craziness didn't stop there. During the final number of the show Caleb's voice totally blew out. James had to jump in and cover his track. My cast is so amazing that they were able to re-block the show on stage while performing in front of an audience not once but twice. They're rockstars.

January 22. Tuesday.
Costa maya! Jessica's parents were cruising with us that week! We all spent the lazy day laying on the beach. That night to kick of Sophie's 22nd birthday celebration the cast met up in the Red Lion Pub. We all danced around and had a ball! A large group of people from the Alabama Pharmacy Association were cruising that week so I had fun visiting with them.

January 23. Wednesday.
We all slept most of the day. Sophie dyed her hair that afternoon and then put a plastic bag over her head like a bandana so so could go smoke. she looked hilarious.

That night, backstage during Shout all Sophie wanted to do for her birthday was to order pizza to the dressing room. We ate and danced around in our pjs. After the shows we went out dancing!

January 24. Thursday.
Honduras. We had boat drill and then the Captains and Entertainment meetings that morning. James & Rosie won Vacation Hero awards for the month of December for the Holiday show and the production cast won Team of the Month! We all got certificates & invited to a special lunch with the Captain. It was so special and exciting to be recognized like that for all of our hard work!

January 25. Friday.
Cozumel. I spent all day at the restaurant ile with James & Rosie uploading pictures to Facebook. That night Rosie & I hung out and had sushi for dinner.

January 26. Saturday.
Happy birthday Mama Stoney!
That day I slept in and worked the rest of the day until show time. Elements actually went really well that night.

Earlier in the week Jenna had hidden James's personal clothes and triggered a prank war. the show Jenna collected two trash bags full of the paper "snow" used in the Elements finale. I helped her stuff it in all of James's shoes and costume pockets. Hilarious.













No comments:

Post a Comment