Friday, December 21, 2012

Week Six.

November 25. Sunday.
A family friend had told me about this amazing church i just had to visit called Franklin Avenue Baptist. So Jessica, Martina & I decides to check it out that morning! It's a mega church full of friendly Jesus loving, soul singing, Saints fans. Seriously, every one in a male choir had a football jersey on. Franklin Ave is exactly what you'd imagine a wild African-American Baptist church to be like. I loved it. Plus I was one of only four Caucasians in the entire crowd. Too good. The pastor was so vivacious and loud, along with the rest of the congregation, that it made me feel like the Holy Spirt was sitting on my head.

After the service we took a cab back to the French Quarter & had a delicious lunch. Then window shopped a little before heading back to the ship. I love getting to have long phone calls with my parents on Sundays. Its the best part. Back on board we had techs rehearsals & dinner & four performances.

November 26. Monday.
Sea day.
Jessica & I got breakfast together that morning and then headed to the theater to work at the port shopping informational talk. Afterwards I booked to over to the art auction to work there. The auctioneer blindsided me by making me auction off a piece of art during the middle if the auction! It was tacky & no one bid but I got a loud round of applause.

Then I went to the dressing room for the rest of the afternoon to get everything ready for that nights show, Band on the Run!

November 27. Tuesday.
Costa Maya!
It was the morning we'd been dreading. It was time for the Safety examination. The test wasn't too bad & later that day Sophie delivered the news that we had all passed! We were screaming and jumping around the hallway like Buddy the Elf on Christmas Day.

Jessica had lost her room key the day before & wasn't allowed to disembark for seven days. So sad. But me, being the good roommate that I am, brought her back a magnet each day I'd get off the ship without her.

As I was walking off the gangway to meet up with my friends already on the beach I struck up a conversation with a cute older couple from Arkansas & as we parted ways the husband prayed over me. I love when Jesus randomly puts people in your path to touch your heart.

Back on board my friend Rich from The Second City surprised Jessica & I by serenading us on his guitar with the song "love story" by Taylor Swifty. He knew I was a fan so he learned the song. Too cute. We died.

That night James & Rosie invited Sophie & I to dinner to thank us for all of our hard work on the Christmas show! (Shopie choreographed the whole show.) We went to my favorite Italian restaurant. It was a fabulous night & I just adore them.

November 28. Wednesday.
Belize.
We slept all day & then had two Shout shows that night. Jessica took over for Sophie as one of my quick change helpers & has also been helping me with the Christmas costumes.

We didn't realize it that night but while we were backstage a male crew member snuck into the dressing room & stole Jessica's iPad. She didn't notice it was missing until the next morning. It was terrible & she was already having a bad week since she had lost her room key. The cast searched everywhere for it & security even searched everyone's rooms. Drama. Eventually a computer tech guy was able to track down who had it & security finally found the iPad after a week.

November 29. Thursday.
Roatan.
Safety Paul chose me to be a passenger casualty during that mornings boat drill. I had to go wander around the front of deck 12 and just be very lost. So basically what I do every day. Eventually a crew member found me and I was guided to the correct evacuation station. Silliness.

Everyone had Christmas show rehearsal so I got off alone & went to the restaurant we always go to for some free wifi. The only thing more frustrating that having no wifi is having really bad wifi. I did eat a great shrimp taco though!

Back on board I went to the gym & later got some blogging done. That night, with out even planning it, the cast all showed up the crew bar exhausted and loaded down with junk food. It was so much fun just being silly & unwinding. I adore these people.

November 30. Friday.
Cozumel.
We had already taken the test, but that morning we had our last safety training class...in the pool. We had to jump into the pool wearing a life jacket, swim up to the giant raft in the middle of the pool & get inside. Passengers, some even with cameras, were all gathered around watching the bizarre hilarity ensue. I asked a cute old lady to take pictures with my camera. Then we each took turns flipping the capsized raft back over. Don't worry, there are videos.

After successfully surviving that the girls & I booked it off the ship & to the No Name Bar. We spent the afternoon lounging in the sun, taking silly pictures, & eating large amounts of guacamole.

December 1. Saturday.
Sea Day.
That morning our entire safety class had to meet individually with the Staff Captain because we all scored below a 90% on our exams. He called us into his office one by one and went over the answers we got wrong. His name is Ingar, he is from Norway, & looks like he could kill a polar bear with his bare hands. So intimidating. But he laughed at my charming jokes & all was well.

I worked at the art auction for the rest of the morning & spent the afternoon tackling the challenge that is Elements. After the performances that night everyone collapsed into their beds. We survived another crazy week!






























No comments:

Post a Comment