Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Random thoughts.

1. Some of the crew from Central America can't pronounce my name so I just tell them to call me Jane.

2. A few weeks ago during a performance of Shout I decided to order a pizza. We have a lot of down time in between quick changes so my dressers and I sit up in the dressing room while we wait. I specifically told the room service person to deliver to the dressing room. So naturally, they delivered the pizza backstage during the middle of the show. Perfect. & The girls mics are live the entire show because they have to sing harmonies backstage during a few of the numbers. So the pizza man tried to give Rosie the pizza while she was offstage singing. She had no idea what was going on & attempted a weird version of sign language to send the guy away and discourage him from leaving the pizza on a set piece. Finally a tech guy radioed up to me to ask if I knew why there was a pizza man backstage. Oops!

3. Our cabin bathrooms are so small that in order to successfully shave your legs you have to stand in the shower and prop you leg up on the sink.

4. During the art auctions I always feel like the Wheel of Fortune lady. & I always wear heels because it makes me taller than the auctioneer. Sucker.

5. The Elements costumes are so delicate after two years of wear and tear that I have to hand wash everything. It's a long process. I have three little plastic tubs that I fill with hot water & detergent and let the costumes soak first. Then I hand wash each costume, let them soak again in clean warm water, rinse them & hang them on a line. I always feel like a pioneer lady.

6. At the end of Band On The Run after the cast bows they run to the back of the theater and do a meet & greet as the passengers exit. Most of them are sweating their brains out since they just danced so hard. So after I finish the last quick change backstage I grab towels for each of them and run underneath the theater & pop out at the exit. I've never been a towel girl before! & I would hate it except for I love them so much & I like for them to always look their best. It's my job!














No comments:

Post a Comment