Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Ship life according to my iPhone. Jade Edition.

Recently I was scrolling through my phones photo album and realized how many silly pictures I've taken that I like but just don't make the social media cut. I also found some random musings I'd written in my Notes app. So I thought I'd share them all here! They aren't glamorous,  or very deep, but sometimes the behind the scenes action is the best part.

This post is all about my time cruising the Mediterranean on the Norwegian Jade last summer.

1. Written on June 14, 2013
I have always been a dreamer. 
Along with my killer day-dreaming skills God gave me the gifts of organization and leadership. Through personal experience (trust me, I have loads) I have discovered that those three traits are not usually found together. Let's explore this further...

Organized people typically don't have great people skills and can't imagine what a magical flying dolphin would even look like. I can mingle and interview like a champion and have already thought of a premise for musical review starring the magical flying dolphin since I wrote that last sentence. But I am also extremely organized? Seriously people, I started my first locker organizing business at the age of 13.

What plan does the Lord have for me with the strengths and wild personality He has given me?

2. Written on July 23, 2013
How unbelievable is this... Today I was sitting at a luxury beach club on a world famous Greek island and I kept wishing I was in Clearwater beach, Florida. I've always prided myself on living in the present but today I'm feeling a bit homesick. 

Now I'm watching notifications pop up on my iPhone screen of people liking and commenting on a beach picture I posted from today. It's ironic that a lot of the names of people who say they are jealous of my life are people who's lives I've envied on social media this month. It sounds so pathetic but posting awesome pictures on Facebook makes me feel a tiny bit better. 

I wish I was in the states to attend friends weddings, cheer on my little brother, and watch movies with my family. The pros of this job are enormous and I'm extremely thankful to be here but it's hard sometimes. 


Waiting for passenger boat drill to begin.

Taking inventory & organizing of all the spare show shoes.


Shout dress rehearsal with the new cast

A view of Santorini from a crew window.
Raymond! A sweet room steward who I had met on my first ship.


Our magician, Kripton!

Workin' on my fitness.

Sometimes when I had things to tell the cast I would write up a silly news letter.

Just a casual elevator ride with some pigs.

The Jade's pool deck.


I'm a stamp collector.

Lunch in Venice.


Mykonos, Greece!


Family.

Parthenon selfie!

Athens!

The final slide of a safety presentation.

Dubrovnik, Croatia. My absolute favorite place.

Reading Ephesians while standing in Ephesus! 

The Dvornik Grands came to visit!

The Stardust Theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment