Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Birthday girl


I can’t believe it is already August and that I have been here on the Jade for over two months! Time passes here very quickly probably because we rotate itineraries every week. This blog post is very belated and is about my birthday week.

I still can’t believe I am twenty-three. Wasn’t I just wearing a Calvary cheerleading uniform yesterday? Weird.

June 22. Saturday.
Venice.
This was my first Venice off the ship since I had arrived on the Jade. A friend who had just graduated from Vanderbilt happened to be there that day so we got to meet up! Zach and I wandered all around the city and got lost many times. I found the hotel my family would be staying in the next week and left a cute little note for them at the front desk because I am adorable.


June 23. Sunday.
Dubrovnik, Croatia.
This port quickly became one of my all time favorites. Tony, a male singer, and I ventured off the ship together and into the city. He treated me to lunch at a darling café in the town square and I ate the best chocolate crepe of my life. This was my favorite birthday day.






June 24. Monday.
Sea day.
This day was fairly uneventful. That night Montana and I went dancing in the Spinnaker Lounge to celebrate me turning 23 at midnight.

June 25. Tuesday.
Piraeus, Greece.
We had boat drill that morning and rehearsal for that nights show. After our show that night, I got all dressed up and went out with Montana, Erika, and Lisa. We danced all around and most of the cast came out to celebrate too. All though in true Teale fashion, I was happiest at the end of the night eating cheesy pizza in Erika’s room.

June 26. Wednesday.
Izmir, Turkey.
That night the entire cast went out for dinner at the Italian restaurant on board. We sat at a big family style table and I love it. Erika planned the whole thing and went out of her way to make me feel like a birthday princess. Afterwards we saw the magic show, which three of our dancers were in. It was a relaxed birthday with new friends and I felt very loved.

June 27. Thursday.
Sea day.

June 28. Friday.
Split, Croatia.

No comments:

Post a Comment