Friday, February 22, 2013

Week Twelve.

This week was extremely fun but also sad because it was Elyse, Patrick, & Nathan's lady week with us. But on a happy note, a new male dancer, Jason, and the new female singer dancer, Hannah, arrived! They're both fabulous!

January 6. Sunday.
That cold and rainy morning James, Rosie, Caleb, & I ventured over to the mall. It wasn't open when we arrived so we grabbed breakfast at a diner nearby. I asked a police officer who was sitting at an adjacent table if there was a CVS in walking distance. He sweetly insisted on giving me a ride to the closest one & my friends looked on in wonder and amusement. He ended up being the Captain of the NODP which prompted plenty of captain jokes from James.

Once I returned from my random adventure in a squad car we hit the mall. I made my first big "adult" purchase that day & brought home a beautiful 15 inch MacBook Pro! So exciting! (even though I could feel the money being drained from my body as the lady swiped my card.) That night we had tech & the shows as usual. Due to the rain the number usually performed on the pool deck was moved inside with the Grand Atrium. When everything was over, Martina and I sat out in deck 7 for a few hours in order to take full advantage of our phones still having service. It was freezing.

January 7. Monday.
Just another Monday! I went to the shopping talk, art auction, worked on my blog, & then worked BOTR. During our break between shows I snuck up to the Atrium where they were projecting the National Championship game on the big screen. I met the cutest older couple from Prattville, AL and visited with them for awhile. I just adore or passengers! Especially when they're Alabama fans!

January 8. Tuesday.
Costa maya! I slept until noon and then got off the ship with Jarrett. We had lunch at the National beach club & Sophie and I did cartwheels in the beach. That night most of the girls went out for sushi together & we saw the Second City's show.

January 9. Wednesday.
Belize. Our ship reached a high sickness level which is called Code Red. It's bad for us because during Code Red we aren't allowed to eat in the passenger buffet. So a lot of junk food and room service was consumed that week.

Jess & I slept in until almost 2 in the afternoon. I went to work & we had Shout. After the show, a bunch of us went to crew bar and had a giant dance party. It was hilarious and so fun.

January 10. Thursday.
I was awoken by the pleasant sound of blaring alarms and rolled out of bed to boat drill. Then we had an entertainment meeting and before we could leave the cast had to sanitize the theater & backstage areas. I stuck around and worked a little before laying out on the top deck. That night a group of us went out for sushi & watched the aerialist couples show before the White Hot party.

January 11. Friday.
Cozumel. I got lunch with James and Rosie at a cute local place they had found. Then I headed over to No Name to enjoy the sun & free WiFi. I did a little work once I got back on board. That night a big group of my favorite people went out for dinner at the Italian restaurant. Later on at the Burlesque show I was informed that Ron had injured himself and wasn't going to be able to dance in Elements the next day. Jason, the new dancer, already knew the show and was going to go in as a replacement. So I hustled to the dressing room to get things ready & was not to thrilled to start doing laundry at one in the morning. Oh well, the show must go on!

January 12. Saturday.
That morning the cast re-blocked the show & I worked on costumes all day. The shows went well & Jason stepped up like a champion. That night there was a big party in crew bar since so many of our friends were leaving the next day. Crazy week!























No comments:

Post a Comment