Sunday, June 10, 2012

Hello there.

last summer i studied abroad in Spain & attempted to blog about all of my adventures. i really loved knowing i was still making my friends and family laugh at my stories even though i was an ocean away. (if you want to read it here is the link:  http://tealejane.tumblr.com/ ) so i decided that i am going to try blogging again to share all of this summer's adventures! and since this is my first post, which is always the hardest to write, here is a random list about me:

1. i got a job as a costume designer at the best kids theater camp in America this summer & i moved up to new york this past Wednesday. crazy. i won't have much time to write, or sleep, but i'm going to try!

2. i like to type in lower case. & i tend to write exactly like i talk. welcome to random town.

3. my favorite Bible verse is Hebrews 13:6.
"So we may say with confidence, The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"

4. it still doesn't feel quite real but on May 19th i graduated from Samford University. i spent three of the most amazing years of my life at that school. when i walked onto that campus in 2009 as a nervous little sophomore i had no idea that my life and career path were about to radically change. i learned so much about myself as an artist and what it means to fearlessly live. every year was completely different and i was blessed in different ways by all the extraordinary people that came into my life. (i am going to have to just devote a separate blog post to college. there is too much to say. or maybe i'll just write a book.)

5. i have learned that in this life there is no pristine yellow brick road for you to follow but i have been blessed with all the right tools necessary to forge my own path.


No comments:

Post a Comment